Beautiful touristy island on Lake Erie, about 6 hours from Naperville. You can also couple it with Cedar Point Amusement Park at Sandusky.
How to Plan your visit?
• Accommodation – you could stay at the island or at Marblehead (the closest city). We stayed in this VRBO cottage at Marblehead:
272 N Perryview Dr
Lakeside Marblehead, OH 43440-1121
• You can take the regular ferry or for the adventurous ones, rent a motorboat and speed away to the island.
• Choose appropriate weather! We went late in April and it was still very cold.
Activities we did
• Rented and raced the golf carts.
• Enjoyed the beach and had an excellent brunch at a restaurant which was neatly split into two – pizza joint and a pub which offered great beer on the tap.
Tip: Contrary to some of the other online reviews, even though the place was brimming with young crowd (and pubs, obviously), the island was equally receptive to families with kids, I would go there next time as well.
Our Trip Details from Naperville
April 28, 2018
Naperville to Marblehead, OH
6 hours from North Naperville.
That’s it, not much of photographic activity there!
Please feel free to ink in the comments section if you have some feedback!